More of the latest Browns news and notes from around the

web in today’s dose of the Daily Dawg Chow." />Skip to main contentclockmenumore-arrownoyesHorizontal - WhiteDawgs EDTShareTweetShareShareDaily Dawg Chow: Browns news (4/30/19)Photo by Andrew Weber/Getty ImagesCleveland Browns:“Browns to add undrafted Scottish punter” (AP) - “The Browns are signing undrafted Scottish free agent punter Jamie Gillan from Arkansas-Pine Bluff Joe Thomas Jersey , a person familiar with the decision tells The Associated Press.”“Cleveland Browns waive reserve lineman Kyle Friend” (247 Sports) - “The move is likely in anticipation of signing some undrafted free agents this week. Cleveland still has JC Tretter and Kyle Kalis at the position.”“Vegas giving out free money: Opening odds favored Browns not making playoffs” (Yahoo! Sports) - “The Cleveland Browns’ metamorphosis into ‘America’s Team’ includes this unexpected twist: People think the Browns are going to be good this season.”“Cleveland Browns’ impressive NFL draft has me talking to myself” (Pluto) - “PFF rated Greedy Williams as the No. 2 cornerback in draft with lots of numbers to back it up. I heard the Browns had a first-round grade on him.”NFL:“Eagles pick up QB Carson Wentz’s fifth-year option” (NFL.com) - “The Philadelphia Eagles made the inevitable official on Monday afternoon, exercising the fifth-year option on Carson Wentz’s rookie deal.”“Rosen believes he can be Miami’s franchise QB” (ESPN) - “Miami Dolphins for pennies on a dollar. Rosen is treating 2019 as a one-year tryout to prove to the Dolphins that he can be their answer at quarterback.”“Dwayne Haskins successfully predicted the Redskins would draft a quarterback back in 2015” (CBS) - “No one seemed more surprised that Dwayne Haskins fell down to the Redskins at No. 15 than Haskins himself, and for good reason.”“Tyreek Hill decisions expected this week” (PFT) - “In past cases, the league has opted not to invoke the paid-leave provision in the offseason, under the notion there’s far less attention being devoted by the public to the activities of NFL players.” What if Baker Mayfield had to miss two games each year?" />Skip to main contentclockmenumore-arrownoyesDawgs EDTOver the years, we’ve heard plenty of talk about whether the NFL would consider shortening the preseason in favor of extending the regular season to 18 games. Today,some more traction was made on that, as according to the Wall Street Journal, the NFL has proposed an 18-game regular season schedule Chris Hubbard Color Rush Jersey , but capping the number of games per player to 16 games.Personally, I’m more than happy with sticking with the 16-game format, but let’s play devil’s advocate. On the surface, it is a bit intriguing because it gives teams more incentive to acquire depth, especially at the quarterback position. One could argue that the preseason becomes more important too, because you are preparing your backups to legitimately start games at some point during the season. There would be a whole new level of strategy for coaches to implement related to personnel. Do you start your backup quarterback at the beginning of the year? End of the year? Middle? Do you start him with the starters, or throw all the backups in for that day?Pro Football Talk brings up a great point, though (and funny enough, they use the Browns as their example):Whether you’re an Arizona fan or a Cleveland fan who flew out to Arizona to see the game https://www.brownsfanshop.com/Seth-Devalve-Jersey , wouldn’t you be pretty pissed to find out that Baker Mayfield was a healthy scratch? The whole 18/16 scenario seems like a way for the NFL to try to get around having to pay players for two extra games, while citing safety reasons for why players’ workloads shouldn’t increase by two games.If I had to vote on the idea, I think it deserves some thought, but I would need a lot more convincing before to ever say “yes.” What do you think, Browns fans? Would you be intrigued by an 18-game season, if players could only play a max of 16 games?